Monday, June 22, 2009

First day at my alma mater...

Date: 22-June-2009

The title suggests exactly what I'm going to write in this post. Must say hell of a first day in NMIMS.

I met all my first Mumbai meet friends at the gate of UPG and we went to the eighth floor for our initial registration.
Our vice-chancellor Dr. Ranjan Saxena started with the inauguration speech. Must say he is well organized with his ideas and thoughts as he stared only a new times in his written speech. He boasted some of the things about NMIMS which I don't want to verify because as it is I'm a part of this institute and i don't want to start thinking above -ve things in this great atmosphere..

Then the dais was hosted Dr. Chandan Dasgupta. Well it was a well prepared speech, a standard one explaining all the bits of pieces of academics.

Then it was the turn of Mrs. Varsha Parab. She completed a very short and sweet speech, which according to her was a dangerous one. But we enjoyed it and specially me, as I was about to doze off. She spoke just in time.

Then was the best part, LUNCH time. :D
After this we resumed with what we had left about half an hour back. There were many intro's on Library, Placements, academic admin and exam dept. But the best of the lot was from Mr. Ajay Poddar, who explained about the general admin. He almost killed us by laughter with his speech. The best part of the speech "We provide neutral food in our hostels". Yet to figure out what does neutral actually means.. :D

Then came the student council team, led my Rohit Kamra. My god his team might have been fed up with the number of Q's thrown at them. All my batch mates asked so many Q's that I thought they would complete their entire 2 yrs in one day.

Finally the speeches were done and we were back to the old building to make our I-cards. Well the number of students made sure that the I-card process wont complete in a day. We were back in UPG and in the class where we started our day with the registrations. We had to complete the case study, ya you are right case study on the first day itself. It was a IIM A case study. Discussed with my group mates for about 2 hours and then we left for the day.

I thought of changing the title to "Hell of a first day in NMIMS". But in the end I felt it was not as bad as a Hell.

No comments: