Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Irony of traveling in Mumbai local trains during peak hours....!!!!!!!!!


Before the day (21-June-2009)

Nice polished shoes kept in the shoe rack (I do it once in a month, and it was more then a month that I polished my shoes, since I left TCS)

The Day (22-June-2009)

All dressed up. Completely in formals. With the full sleeves shirt, and of course not folded (which i have done for the first time in 3 yrs). Finished my small breakfast and left home in a rick.. Reached station, bought a ticket to Vile Parle. Approached the first train on platform 2.
Then what, Entered inside the compartment like some small rat finding a hole in the wall to pass by.. Mind I'm a 6 feet tall guy, but when entering local train compartment in the peak hours it doesn't matter.. U r screwed..
For the next 15 minutes I was standing on one foot.. Believe me it was very difficult to balance out weight on one foot.. But i got help from others, just set yourself loose and fall on others..Everyone does the same thing.. :-D

After i got down at Parle, what I see was my shining black shoes has been converted to white/grayish.. That's what I call the irony of traveling in Mumbai local trains..

Day after (23-June-2009)

Started wearing snickers.. :-D
Kept the grayish black shoe back in the shoe rack..

1 comment:

simprof (simple professional !!!) said...

Ajay,

U r true, i am also experienced it when i visited NMIMS last year.

kalpesh
www.kalpeshkhodifad.blogspot.com